Banco Ademi is market leader in the Dominican microfinance market. Since its founding in 1983 the institution has developed in a specialised microfinance bank with a wide range of financial services covering the entire country by a network of 44 branches. In line with its mission the bank aims to keep a strong focus on low-income people. One of the new products it has recently introduced is an agricultural loan for small-scale farmers. Triodos Microfinance Fund and Triodos Fair Share Fund have provided a loan to Banco Ademi to realise further growth.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 238,435
- percentage female clients: 48%
- percentage rural clients: 5%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,049
- number of savings clients: 241,392