These and more questions are answered in the report ‘What it really takes to be a value-add investor’.
A good look in the mirror
In association with PYMWYMIC, a Netherlands-based impact investing community, Triodos Investment Management published this report that gives a good look in the mirror on how we, as impact investors, contribute to or constrain the success of our investee companies.
Sharing our insights
In the report you can read the reflections of 20 experienced impact investors, investing in a range of private companies in their early, growth and mature stages. From Triodos Investment Management Jurriën Appers, Fund Manager of Triodos Organic Growth Fund, and Caspar Sprokel, Head of Equity Emerging Markets shared their insights.
The reflections of the interviewees circle around nine themes:
- Build a relationship with management
- Know your value-add… and the limits thereof
- Guide the company to the next level of maturity
- Remain committed to high business standards
- Be prepared to deal with sudden drawback
- Make a conscious decision about control
- Act on your responsibility as a board member
- Be aware of which hat you are wearing
- Know when it is time to go
Find out more and download the report 'What it really takes to be a value-add investor'.